Men’s Winter Wilderness Trip
February 18th-21st(Adjusted Date From Jan.)
Cost leaving on:
Friday – $35
Thursday – $40
*Includes dinner meals
When the men become men who backpacked in the winter wilderness.
Top 10 Reasons Winter Backpacking is GREAT
1. It is never too hot.
2. There are no bugs.
3. There are fewer people.
4. A campfire never felt so good.
5. Your water is always nice and cool.
6. Greater sense of accomplishment.
7. The views are better without leaves on the trees.
8. It makes you appreciate heat and shelter in the winter.
9. There is nothing like waking up with snow on your tarp.
10. You can actually sleep use your sleeping bag instead of on it.
What to expect
- Time with Jesus.
- Depending on what group you choose, we backpack between 5-15+ miles.
- Slow down, disconnect from the world, and fellowship with men and with Jesus.
- Learn outdoor skills like – orienteering, firebuilding, staying warm, setting up tent/hammocks, filtering water, backcountry cooking, etc.
- On the daily – Wake up, get warm, eat breakfast, group/solo Bible time, hit the trail, enjoy the terrain, chat with buddys, eat lunch, hike, set up camp, eat dinner, group Bible time, stay warm, sleep, repeat.
- On the way home – thaw, shove our faces full of food, and get really excited to see your family!