Dominica Hurricane Relief
Offering physical relief.
Meeting spiritual needs.
Click here for more coverage and pictures of the hurricane and the damage.
THE RELIEF PLAN
CCF is working with local churches in Dominica that have supplied a list of items that will make a huge difference in the relief effort and the quality of life on the island.
Horizon Indy will be a collection and distribution center for these items and/or financial donations. Once collected, items will be hauled down to a shipping container in Louisiana to then be sent to Dominica to be used by the local churches as well as the CCBCi practicum and subsequent relief trips.
CCF is also working with a church in Louisiana that will help load and ship the container.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
*The deadline for donations has passed. If you would still like to help with the relief effort you can continue to make financial donations.*
We are seeking churches, businesses, and individuals to help by way of financial contributions (beyond that of a normal tithe).
– Online – Click here to give online.*
– Checks – Make payable to Horizon Christian Fellowship and mail to:
7702 Indian lake rd
Indianapolis, In 46236 (Mark for Dominica Relief)
If you would like to contribute to the CCBCi trip click here.
Below is the list of items FROM local pastors on Dominica.
High Priority Items
- Corrugated metal roofing sheets – 25 gauge, and no longer than 18 feet. (1 20’x4′ sheet is around $100 on the island. We can currently get panels in Indiana for $40)
- 4″ screws for purlines
- 3″ roofing screws
- Hurrican ties
- 2 1/2″ wall nails
- 2″ common nails, coated
- If anyone has connections on how to get these at a discounted price please let us know.
- 5000 Watt (or higher) Generators
- Island wide power is expected to be out until late 2019. Generators make a HUGE difference and enable construction to take place in more remote areas.
- 32×16 (or similar) metal frame tents
- Tents would be used to hold services and events until the church buildings are repaired.
- Solar Charger
- The island does have cell service. The ability to charge phones would greatly enhance the locals ability to communicate.
- Solar Lamps
- Battery Banks
Low Priotity Items
- Cordless Drills
These donated items, once collected, will be driven down to an awaiting crate that will be sent to Dominica and distributed.
Would you be intersted in being a part of a relief trip?
ABOUT THE ISLAND
Dominica, known as the “nature island”, is an independent caribbean island located in an area known as the Leeward islands. The island sits midway along the Eastern Caribbean archipelago, just a few miles from Martinique to the south and Guadeloupe to the north. The island is sparsely populated with 70,000 people inhabiting its 289 square miles. A significant portion of the population lives in and around the capital city of Roseau.
Click here for more info on Dominica.