Horizon will be sending a team to Punta Gorda, Florida, from October 29 to November 6 to assist Calvary Chapel The Rock with disaster relief efforts of Hurricane Ian. We will be providing practical help to those with damage to their homes, as well as sharing the Gospel and encouraging those going through devastating hardship. Sign up ends October 24th.
Areas of service we will be involved with:
- Tarping roofs and cutting and removal of downed trees and debris.
- Clearing out houses, and mold remediation, which includes gutting them out so that new drywall, carpet, and other home features can be rebuilt so the owners can move back in.
- Food prep and feeding those affected by Ian and the groups serving.
- Gift Cards: Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, ect.
- Heavy Duty Trash Bags
- Gloves for demolition and gloves for food service
- Packing supplies
- Buy from Amazon event registry:
General Financial Support
One great way of helping is with the various costs associated with traveling down and serving in Florida- gas, equipment, food, etc. If you would like to help in this way, click below.
*In memo write “hurricane relief“
Calvary Chapel Houston
Can’t Go? Still Want to Serve?
The team traveling to Punta Gorda includes many who regularly serve in the church.
Would you consider volunteering at Horizon while the team is away?
• Wednesday night kitchen team
• Cleaning facilities daily
• Setup & teardown of the sanctuary and church building
• General maintenance