Policies & FAQ
Policies & Procedures
Dropoff & Pickup
Dropoff starts at 8:00am. You must sign in your camper every day down at the canteen shack by the pool. Please park your car in the sectioned zone of the parking lot. There are two sign-in lines separated by last names A-L and M-Z. You may also check in with canteen during this time.
Pickup starts at 4:15pm and goes until 5:00. Cars line up along the road that leads to the parking lot until we open up car line. You will be required to show a valid ID that matches our authorized pickup list to be able to sign out and take your camper home.
- Every one minute over 5:00pm is $1.00.
- To add a name to your authorized pickup, please contact our registrar at the camp office.
- Early Pickup: If you need to pick up your child before normal pick up time, please let us know in the morning so we can have them ready for you. You will need to park and walk up to the camp office and sign them out. We kindly ask that you do not pick up your camper unexpectedly 30 minutes before normal pick up. This time is very busy; kids are shifting out of pool time and wrapping up final activities.
Payments & Refunds
Registration requires a deposit of $50.00 for each registered camp per camper. This deposit holds the spot in the camp. The remaining balance for the week is due no later than the Thursday prior to the registered camp week. If left unpaid, your camper will not be allowed to attend camp until paid. Payments may be made online, via cash, check or credit card during drop off, or over the phone with the camp office during the camp day.
Paying by Check
If you are paying registration fees with a physical check, the check with the correct amount must be received by camp within 5 business days or your registered spots will be forfeited.
Checks can be made payable to Camp Indy, and may either be mailed or dropped off at the main church office between 8:30-5:00 Monday through Thursday and 8:30-4:00 on Friday. During the camp season, checks may be dropped off at any time during the camp day at the camp office.
Please indicate the registered campers’ first and last name on the check.
7702 Indian Lake Road
Indianapolis, IN 46236
There is a $10.00 processing fee for all refunds. All payment is refundable up until 10 days prior to the start of the registered camp week.* After that, the deposit is considered committed. Payments beyond the deposit are refundable until the start of the week. Cancellation after the registered start date will not be eligible for refunds of any payments made for that week.
*The start of a camp week for payment purposes is considered to be 12:00am Monday morning.
Cancellations due to death in the family will be fully refunded. Campers that miss three (3) or more days due to illness with a doctor’s note will be eligible for a refund for days missed. Refunds of payment will not be issued without a doctor’s note.
Returned checks are charged $35.00 fee and require a replacement payment in the form of cash or money order. A second returned check will require all future payments to be made with cash or money order.
There will be a $5.00 fee for each E-Check charge with non-sufficient funds.
At Camp Indy our desire is to have fun, learn, and serve Jesus in all that we do. We strive to have an environment that is safe and yet enjoyable. The following is Camp Indy’s procedural plan on walking through disciplinary situations.
The Ten Strong Suggestions
EVERY Camper Should Follow:
- Always listen to your counselor!
- No rock or stick throwing.
- No swearing or name-calling.
- No hitting, pushing, or fighting.
- Always wear your shoes!
- If there is a problem, find a counselor.
- Never walk off alone (counselors must know where you are at all times).
- No Cell phones, gaming devices or other electronic devices.
- No drugs, alcohol, or weapons.
- Enjoy Jesus!
Levels of Minor Offences
- Misbehavior is corrected by a counselor. Camper is made aware of the rule broken, is asked to fix behavior, and is informed of the next step of disciplinary procedure if behavior is not corrected.
- Camper sits out for a specified amount of time from the current or next activity. Behavior is again requested to be fixed and the next step of disciplinary procedure is explained to the camper.
- Camper is assigned a task to accomplish alongside their counselor. Parents are called and informed of camper misbehavior and task being accomplished.
- Verbal Warning – Camper is informed of misbehavior and its severity. A verbal warning form is filled out and given to parents.
- Written Warning – Camper is informed of misbehavior and its severity. Camper is removed from camp privileges and walks alongside an assistant/director for further guidance.
- Termination of Camp Participation – Camper is asked not to return to camp.
Camp Indy reserves the right to skip or repeat any step outlined in the disciplinary procedure plan. Campers dismissed from camp for any reason will not receive a refund of payments made to attend camp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where’s Lost & Found?
At the end of every camp day, all remaining camper gear is collected and put out the following morning alongside the pool fence by the canteen shack where you drop off and sign in.
Lost and found is bagged up for donation at the end of every week. Please let us know if you are missing supplies so we can separate it for you! Lost & found will be donated 1 week after the camp season ends.
How do I get a camp t-shirt?
T-shirts can be preordered before the camp season starts. After the first day of camp you can no longer preorder when registering, but we will have extra shirts available for purchase in the morning Wednesday – Friday each week at the Canteen with the registrar.
This season’s camp shirts cost $$. Past season’s camp shirts cost $10.
What if my child isn’t a strong swimmer?
Our pool is sectioned off for three levels of swimming skill: non-swimmers and Junior Camp (red), learning swimmers (yellow), and strong swimmers (green). Every Monday, the lifeguard gives campers the opportunity to take a swimming test. This test determines what sections of the pool they will have access to, and they will be given a wristband with the color they earn. Campers can opt to skip the swimming test and simply receive a red wristband.
Can I send life jackets/swimming aids?
Yes! Our policy is that if your child brings it, we require them to wear it. Junior Campers are restricted to the red zone. You may also send lifejackets for older age groups and they will also be restricted to the red zone.
Is a lifeguard on duty?
Always. For every swimming/watercraft activity, a lifeguard and a counselor will be present. (All staff are CPR and First Aid Certified as well.) Lifeguards’ skills are verified at the beginning of every summer and assessed twice a week.
What can they wear?
We ask that you pack a modest swim suit (trunks for boys, and one piece or tankini for girls). Make sure to bring a towel and an inexpensive pair of goggles if desired!
My kid lost their wristband!
No worries! Replacement wristbands can be purchased for $1.00 in the morning during check-in.
Other questions? Contact us anytime.
OAC Late nights FAQ
Will my OAC camper stay late Thursday?
OAC campers stay for extended time on Thursdays, weather permitting. This is optional. Should you choose to forgo this activity, just let us know!
7-9 campers will stay until 8:00pm
10-12 campers will stay until 8:30pm
Where do I pick up?
Campers will be picked up beside the cafeteria. To reach the cafeteria, follow the signs and arrows to continue on the drive from the parking lot.
What will they eat?
Dinner: Mac & cheese, hot dogs cooked on the campfire, and a variety of chips.
Can I bring alternative dinner?
Yes! We understand that some have food allergies. If this applies to you, you are welcome to pack a premade dinner that we can serve your camper at dinner.
Other questions? Contact us anytime.