- More than 100 students enrolled in grades 6-8
- School families represent many local churches and include the children of many local pastors
- Students test scores are above average and show steady improvement while enrolled at HCS
- Many of our teachers hold advance degrees and endorsements
- Discipleship program encompassing entire middle school student body
- All students attend chapel weekly and Bible courses are included in core curriculum
Horizon Christian School’s Middle School program is designed to launch students into the next part of their journey. With emphasis on spiritual development and academic excellence, we desire to educate the whole child. HCS is a safe place where students can grow in their faith as staff members partner with parents to educate students. Our goal is to create independence so students transition successfully to high school.
Horizon offers a variety of courses for all levels of achievement. We offer both a Language Arts Resource class and a Math Resource class for skill sharpening as well as honors courses for grades 7 and 8. Student electives include art, yearbook, choir, band, sewing, mountain biking, personal finance, computer, Intro to Spanish and cooking. Middle school students are required to take a course entitled Beyond the Horizon where students are encouraged to make long term vocational goals while serving others in the community.
In addition to academics, students have opportunities to participate in sports, music programs, plays, and leadership opportunities such as National Junior Honor Society (NJHS beginning in 2014-15). Students have opportunities to participate in sports such as girls volleyball, co-ed cross country, co-ed soccer, girls basketball, boys basketball, and co-ed track/field. Following a successful first year of the high school robotics team, a middle school robotics team was formed in the fall of 2013. The first season was great success as they earned a spot in the Indiana State VEX Robotics Tournament. The team continues to build their STEM skills which are valuable in future vocational goals.