- More than 80 students enrolled in grades 9-12
- School families represent many local churches and include children of many local pastors
- Curriculum includes required classes, AP classes, and dual credit classes
- Active National Honor Society chapter including more than 20 members
- Variety of diplomas including Core 40 and honors diplomas
- 100% of students in current graduating class attending college (class of 2014)
- Discipleship groups including all members of the student body led by staff members meet monthly
Horizon Christian School’s High School program is designed to equip the next generation with the skills to serve Christ within their God given abilities. We believe our students will leave Horizon and be world changers. With the integration of faith and academics, students are equipped to grow into responsible adults.
Horizon offers a variety of classes for all levels of achievement. We offer Language Arts Resource course for sharpening skills as well as honors courses, AP courses, and dual credit courses for grades 9-12. Student electives include climbing, advance physical education, art, yearbook, sewing, cooking, mountain biking, dramatic arts, computer applications, band, choir, and vocal ensemble. High school students are required to take a course entitled Beyond the Horizon where students are encouraged to find their God given gifts as well as serve the community.
In addition to academics, Horizon students have opportunities to participate in junior varsity and varsity athletics such as basketball, volleyball, cross country, soccer and track/field. Horizon has an active National Honor Society chapter. Our VEX Robotics Team won the city of Indianapolis tournament in 2013 qualifying them to compete in the VEX World Robotics Championship located in California. The team was honored last year by Indianapolis mayor Greg Ballard.